Field Officer CLTS - Adra Indonesia, West Nusa TenggaraADRA, JAVA, NTB 1:01 PM
Title: Field Officer CLTS (CLTS-FO)
Duty Station: West Nusa Tenggara
Responsible to: Project Manager
Coordinates with: District and Sub-district Governments and Partners
Duration: November 21, 2011 to April 20, 2012 (possible for extension)
Closing date: November 14, 2011
The role of CLTS Field Officer is primarily to provide proper planning, information and technical assistance to the community team at village and sub-village levels during Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS) implementation. The overall objective of the CLTS Project is to improve the sanitation and water conditions related to current health issues in the community by building its awareness and mobilizing community asset in the respective selected villages. The role involves a high degree of good communication skills and community participatory analysis skills. The CLTS FO is responsible for managing the activities in the field, providing regular report to ADRA Indonesia' Project Manager and suggesting creative and innovative approaches to make the CLTS program effectively triggers the community's self-awareness.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Have high integrity; be self-motivated to use innovation and creativity.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills in order to maintain an acceptable working relationship with CLTS team members and community leaders.
• Able to speak local language (Sasak) is an advantage to effectively carry out the required duties.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity.
• Ability to work under pressure at times while maintaining high quality results.
• A university degree in Community Health, Rural Development or other relevant subject.
• Skillful in Participatory Rural Appraisal and Action; team player in community mobilizing process.
• Proven by a minimum of working experiences in two (2) projects in a related field.
• Demonstrate the affinity with sanitation and water related to the health issues in rural area.
• Computer literate.
The CLTS Field Officer will undertake community organizing and participatory research. He/She will manage day-to-day community team works. To ensure that the proper participatory analysis can trigger the community to self-realization and actions led by the community itself and that water facilities are improved to meet the basic principles of healthy living (includes construction of latrines at schools), the Field Officer is required to undertake the following tasks:
1. Coordinating with related stakeholders for the CLTS program orientation prior to implementation.
2. Implementing CLTS and hygiene behavior change programs based on the detailed implementation plan (DIP).
3. With the community team work, conducting village inspections for ODF in preparation for the official inspection to certify the village of ODF.
4. Preparing the monthly activity reports and other reports as required to ADRA Indonesia.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) in English NOT later than November 14, 2011 by post to:
ADRA Indonesia Gedung Pertemuan Advent, Lt.4 Jl. M.T. Haryono, Blok A, Kav.4-5 Jakarta Selatan 12810 Indonesia
Code: write CLTS-FO at the envelope's RIGHT-UPPER corner (front cover) or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the e-mail: CLTS-FO
Important: CV file not exceeding 200 kb
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. ADRA Indonesia gives an equal opportunity employment regardless of race, gender or religion.